Monday, February 16, 2009

Church Attendance?

A little while ago I stepped into my bathroom and the floor was about an inch deep in water. It took me a minute to notice since I was wearing my house shoes. I evacuate the premises and approach my roommate. "Do you know why the bathroom is flooded?" She replies that she had just gotten out of the shower... While the shower is a plausible explanation for water covering our bathroom floor...I'd argue that she had to be showering without a curtain. But to my dismay...the curtain was still strung over the bathtub. So I towel up the flood and proceed to run myself a bubble bath. (yea!!!)
I bring all my gear into the bathroom while the water is runnin'...I use the toilet then relax myself in what seemed to be heaven. Then I hear it--a trickling of water... I rip the curtain back and see that the back of the toilet is leakin' from the tank and the flusher hole. Decisively I shove the trashcan under the major leak. Seven seconds of heaven was temporarily ruined. I finished my time of relaxation to find myself AGAIN toweling up a flood of water. This time a comparatively smaller flood.
I approach my roommate a second time to explain the situation. I insist that we use our neighboring roommate's bathroom until the landlord can have a look-see at our problem.
(This transition is ridged. For that I apologize...but hopefully the pictures are worth a thousand words of explanation)!
As a sociology major, I am very interested in studying people. I love it...and I'm pretty darn good at it. :) This semester I am enrolled in a "Sociology of LDS Church and Peoples" class. The thing about religion and measuring one's religiosity is somewhat ambiguous. I do not believe that you can quantify how religious or faithful a person is...especially not by categories such as 'Church Attendance.' There are a plethora of people who attend church for reasons other than religious. And there are numerous individuals and families which do not attend church that are marginally religious and faithful. Nevertheless, quantoid sociologists persist in trying to objectify religiosity. As a more liberal, postmodern sociologist in training...I would like to ask according to the following photographs: Do you consider yourself faithful/religious? Do you attend "church" religiously? :)
haha! So my neighboring roommate's toilet that we started using has a seat that is apparently of the name brand: "Church!" I thought it was very cute and entertaining! haha!

No comments: