Last night's worship service at Three Pine was really awesome. Brother Booth based his sermon on 2 Kings 6:1-6. His message was that we believe in a God that does (past, present, and future tense) the impossible.
And the sons of the prophets said unto Elisha, Behold now, the place where we dwell with thee is too strait for us.
Let us go, we pray thee, unto Jordan, and take thence every man a beam, and let us make us a place there, where we may dwell. And he answered, Go ye.
But as one was felling a beam, the axe head fell into the water: and he cried, and said, Alas, master! for it was borrowed.
And the man of God said, Where fell it? And he shewed him the place. And he cut down a stick, and cast it in thither; and the iron did swim. (2 Kings 6:1-6)
A major theme in Bro. Booth's sermon was that often times we waste our time worrying about things we have no control over instead of turning our worries and our lives over to the Lord.
Lately I have been very stressed about finances. I am struggling to pay off my Air Force debts which practically devours my net income. Everything will be paid for in April, and I will be debt-free! (Hallelujah!) Essentially I just need to survive the next six months until this yoke is broken. However, that is easier said than done.
But I have been fasting and praying for spiritual strength and guidance. I've really been needing and relying on the comfort of the Spirit to just have hope that I can actually survive the next six months while living paycheck to paycheck. In other words, I have been [trying] to put this burden in the Lord's hands.
Thursday morning at I received some great financial news. Therefore, I want to testify that if you show Him where the axe head fell in the dirtiest even filthiest of rivers--He can make the iron swim! He did it then, and He does it now! And He can and will do it for you, too, if you will show Him the place.

A major theme in Bro. Booth's sermon was that often times we waste our time worrying about things we have no control over instead of turning our worries and our lives over to the Lord.Lately I have been very stressed about finances. I am struggling to pay off my Air Force debts which practically devours my net income. Everything will be paid for in April, and I will be debt-free! (Hallelujah!) Essentially I just need to survive the next six months until this yoke is broken. However, that is easier said than done.
But I have been fasting and praying for spiritual strength and guidance. I've really been needing and relying on the comfort of the Spirit to just have hope that I can actually survive the next six months while living paycheck to paycheck. In other words, I have been [trying] to put this burden in the Lord's hands.
Thursday morning at I received some great financial news. Therefore, I want to testify that if you show Him where the axe head fell in the dirtiest even filthiest of rivers--He can make the iron swim! He did it then, and He does it now! And He can and will do it for you, too, if you will show Him the place.

1 comment:
That is AWESOME! I know that the Lord looks after us, when we are putting him first!
Post a Comment