Friday, May 20, 2011

Summer Bucket List 2011

I'm excited for this summer! It's been a long, busy year since I graduated from university. I'm officially debt-free, and I feel like a huge burden has been taken off my shoulders. I have resolved to have lots more fun and not bend over backwards working so hard. So I decided to create a summer bucket list.

- Hot Air Balloon Ride
- Swamp Tour
- Canoe once a month every month the whole summer!
- Ride a cow (or mechanical bull...or a horse...something...)
- Play paintball
- Camp at the river
- Play golf
- Drink something (virgin) with an umbrella in it!
- Ride in a crawfish boat
- Eat crawfish (more than once)
- Ride a tandem bike
- Sew a quilt
- Go on a picnic
- Catch fireflies in a jar
- Get a henna tattoo
- Conquer a fear (hold a tarantula maybe?)
- Do a chinese fire drill!
- Plant a tree
- Learn to juggle
- Get a stamp in my passport
- Gamble
- Read Anna Karenina in Russian!
- Take the GRE!
- Tell someone "no!"
- Milk a cow
- Eat caviar and oysters
- Test drive a new car

That's what I have thus far. I might add more to it. Summer is longer in Louisiana. It starts earlier and ends later than other places (my definition of summer is the hot season....). If ya'll have any suggestions--just holler. ;)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Milk a cow was totally on my bucket list! ...until I accomplished it a couple summers ago. I want to be a part of your summer! Move closer...hahaha

Also, once upon a time I tried to read Anna Karenina in English. I didn't make it very far (relatively...I made it several hundred pages, but the book is like, a foot thick) ...I should try again, now that I'm a bit older and a bit more read.

I See Badgers said...

come and visit us in Lafayette and you can knock out several of those!

rayecheal said...

Not for your summer bucket list, but how about overall: cruise to Antarctica? :)

Andy said...

> Summer Bucket List 2011: Read Anna Karenina in Russian!
For sake of Japan, don't waste your time.
If interested in Leo Tolstoy, do begin with his best novella, "The Kreutzer Sonata". All you may need is a PROPER English version of the book (failed to get any on the Web for free, so try libraries). The Epilogue (published a year later) is essential for deeper understanding.
If interested in the Russian language, watch commercial-free "Russia K" (most shows are downloadable). Regarding "Russia 1" (aka RTR Planeta) and "Channel One" (Russia), I would suggest nothing but newscasts.
P.S. J'espère que vous avez reçu mon courriel.

Philip Volmar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.