Saturday, September 20, 2008

Привлекательные Мужчины в Набедренных повязках и Свадебном Предложении. (Attractive Men in Loincloths and...)

I have been more social with Miss Marta in town. My stories of adventure just get better AND better! haha.
So Marta has a best friend, Melody, that lives in Salt Lake. Melody and her roommates were throwin' a back to school party. We were privileged to be invited. Now, normally, I'm not the partyin' type. I get really awkward in social situations where I have no specific purpose. This notion seems really weird to most who know me because I have an extraverted personality. But I harbor introverted tendencies. Yes, it's true. But everything is easier to do in companionships.
We needed to kill sometime. I finished class at 17:00 hours. (5pm) So we went to have dessert at the Yoasis. It's a frozen yogurt place that puts fruit there. And since we are grown-ups...we are allowed to eat our meals/food in which ever order we deem necessary. After dessert...we went and had Turkey-Bacon-Avacodo sandwiches at Kneader's!
We start drivin' on our way to Salt Lake. The party doesn't start until 8pm-ish. So I call up my buddy, Lane (who taught and baptized me). He lives, works, and studies in Salt Lake. He said he had to work that night at the Mayan Adventure...so we should come by if we had time. Well, we drove into Sandy to find (supposedly) the Bank of America that 'Big Brother' said was located there. haha. Stupid Bank of American Fork! It seems that in ALL of Utah the Bank of America does NOT reside... Which leads us to question whether Utah is America or not? Dum, Dum, Dum!
On our way out of Sandy...kak raz, we pass by the Mayan Adventure. haha. Now, this is funny. Marta for over two years has heard stories about Lane. She's even seen pictures. But NEVER has she met him. And I warn her that he wears a loincloth because he's a diver/entertainer. [No, I'd never seen his loincloth before either!]
So we ALMOST had our car valet parked. But that costs $4.00...which is too much money. Someone should PAY us four dollars to park the car on our own! haha. We get into the Mayan...and there's all these ape/forrest noises. Very exotic, right? And I go up to the counter and say that we are there to see Lane Peters. We are asked to wait for a moment. I figured Lane would come out and talk to us... No, no. The manager/choreographer comes out and escorts us BACKSTAGE! haha. YES! And there is Lane...with body paint and a loincloth. (along with two half-naked loincloth friends) We chat for a while as I tried to maintain eye contact because I don't want Lane to think that I'm checkin' him out. Even though he does look pretty dang hot in a loincloth. But I totally wasn't checkin' him out!
And what was even more disturbing is that I have a fear (very odd) of white man thighs and I wasn't even grossed out. Normally they are just gross...extremely white...and hairy. I mean, come on now...really? Who thinks that is attractive? Not I! But I wasn't freaked out at all. I mean...I would assume my normal reaction to seein' man thighs would ensue as follows: I'd slap my eyes shut, turn away in a violent fit of gagging and then throw up everywhere. The thought of man thighs getting close to me in an uncovered fashion makes me cringe just as if I were contemplating smashin' a spider. It literally is quite disgusting. No joke.
So...we go front stage to watch a few performances...water, diving, fire, loincloths...pretty impressive. Decisively, the Mayan is my new favorite restaurant. :) We were seated at a table to enjoy MORE dessert. haha. Grown-up-hood is GREAT. I recommend it to all children whose parents insist that they can only have dessert AFTER they've eaten ALL of their dinner. haha. We had a Peaches and Cream Smoothie with a Guatemalen Fruit Cup Ice Cream. Very exotic and yummy.
We invited Lane to the party...turns out he lives across the street and two doors down. But he didn't get off until 10:30pm. So we go over to Melody's...and sit down and chat for a minute with the roommates. Then we go to the backyard. They are twirlin' a rifle because they were on colorguard (marchin' band style...not military.) I tried the rifle...but it weighed a whole two pounds. Then I notice Phil over by the fence...

TO BE CONTINUED.

No comments: