Anyway, about last weekend...We had a very eventful excursion. Friday night we went to a restaurant and rented this little room for a couple of hours where we were served Thai foods (the shrimp nuggets were to die for!). Then we had some fun karoke.
Saturday we started the day out by going to a Taiwanese restaurant for lunch. Then we went to Wat Doi Suthep up on a mountain in Chiang Mai. I will tell you the story of the Wat later. After the Wat we went to the Chiang Mai zoo and aquarium. I saw a zebra fish that I really, really wanted. Ralph said that if I asked them nicely, then probably they would have given me the fish. haha. Yeah right! We didn't spend that much time at the zoo because we wanted to get to the Night Safari earlier so we didn't spend all night there. There was a 7pm excursion and a 9pm excursion. So we went to the 7pm one. It was fun and I'll tell ya more about it later. Maybe type up some of my journal for fun like mission times.
But now I need to get going because we are going to eat pumpkin bread and cookies! :)
P.S. Sorry that I don't have new pictures up yet. The computer is not recognizing my flash drive. I'll try to update this week! Love ya'll!
Here are some photos. I don't have any of the zoo or the night safari because my memory card was full. But Ralph and the other students took some pictures. I will try to snag those to post later.
This is the Buddha inside the Wat in which I got blessed by a monk.
Faithful worshippers.
I'll share the story and controversy of the Jade Buddha one day. If you're interested--ask.
The monks are really cool. They wear yellow to orange-ish robes. The nuns wear white robes. Everyone shaves their head. Their service is for varying lengths of time.
No comments:
Post a Comment