And there is five Buddha statues together. According to Poppy, this Wat is the only one in all of Thailand (and the world?) that puts five Buddhas together.
Saturday, May 30, 2009
Field Trip with Poppy
Poppy is the head English teacher at Pasang School where I volunteer once a week and teach English. There are about 1,200 students in the school in grades M1 from M6. I will get to teach each student before I leave Thailand.
Either way, Poppy decided to take me on a tour of a special Wat (Buddhist temple) that holds significance to her. [Name of Wat is pending...my Thai isn't so hot just yet. Sorry.]
The Wat has a footprint of the Buddha.
It also has a wax model of a very famous and special monk who died and who's remains are buried there at the Wat.
I thought this wax figure was the authentic man...


Labels:
-Wed.- 27 May 2009g.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment