Well, my friends, I have helped grow cotton; pick cotton, fluff cotton, spin cotton, dye cotton, and weave cotton. Soon we will make bags, etc. from the fabric that I wove. Now this is pretty cool beans! Check it:
Saturday, May 30, 2009
Ya Darn, Cotton-Pickin'...
This past semester, Michael asked the class if anyone actually made anything they were wearin' (clothing, jewelry, bags, etc.). A few students would raise their hands and say, "Yes, I made these pants...blah, blah, blah," whatever. But Michael would ask did they buy the fabric they made the article with...or did they make it themselves. Everyone always ended up makin' their items from store bought materials. Michael even said that he himself thought he was once all crafty and thrifty when he made his own bead bracelet. But then he realized that he didn't make the beads themselves...he bought them.

Labels:
-Th.- 28 May 2009g.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment