
There is a girl nicknamed "Jungle Barbie." Her real name is Chelsea and she's from Salt Lake area in Utah. She's quite a pretty girl--professional in her cosmetology and what-not. But I was shocked and appalled to learn that she can't cook or do her laundry (in a washing machine...much less by hand.) Apparently her host Meh scolded her for not properly separating the colors from the whites, etc. which is the same exact thing her real mother scolds her for back at home.

I, on the other hand, am not as fortunate as Jungle Barbie in my domestic ignorance. I am very capable at washing laundry which is good for me since I have to do my own laundry by hand in the sinks out behind the pavilion.

The first time I washed my own laundry back there...I forgot that I was taller than most Asians. And as a taller person in Thailand, you must duck often because the roof is shorter than that which I am accustom. So...I hit my head on the roof. Actually those bells that are hangin' there from the roof are to remind people like me that there is a roof there which is low. They don't do a very good job. :( The roof from my back balcony to the inside of my house is quite short also...and I can't remember to duck adequately low enough. Sooner or later I will learn. "For the sake of my unborn children..."


And out the clothes hang to dry on a bamboo stick. Behind my clothes is a pasture where starving cattle graze. They really do look rather skinny. Hence the lack of delicious beef or dairy products. But the rice is absolutely incredible. So I'm not complainin'.
No comments:
Post a Comment