
There is a girl on our internship trip who is very animated. Well, quite frankly, we are all extremely animated. Needless to say, when she flew into Chiang Mai airport and we went to retrieve her--I had the opportunity to explain my situation in Lamphun to her. She was very much romanticized by the idea and exclaimed that I would be living the life of a princess. I tried to convey the fact that I did NOT want to live like a princess...now or ever.
Well, when Alex, Prawed, and Tawm escorted me to Lamphun from Chiang Mai the following Monday...we stopped at this little place for lunch. Then when we arrived at 2pm to meet Venetia...Tawm saw my little guest house and exclaimed, "It's like a princess!"

[The markings on the roof of Prawed's truck are the symbols placed there by the monk who blessed and dedicated the truck. Similar to the LDS practice of blessing a house or dedicating a building, etc. Inside of the visor is a picture of the monk and the blessing written in Thai.]

So here's the crib: check it.

Entrance to the room with a small porch.

Approach from the driveway.

Backyard [lily pond] view of the house and balcony over the pond.

Side view of the front porch/entrance and balcony.

Balcony view of the lily pond.

The bed where I have sweet dreams. There is a fancy-shmancy white lace canopy which is suppose to keep the bugs from bitin'...but I never use it. Except for that one time when I was doing some night time reading and the flying ants attacked me. Since then I have closed my windows. I'm getting smarter everyday. Really. :) The wall in the background is Inson's carving. Good isn't he?

The desk at which I never have time to study. Behind the curtain is a beautiful view of the lily pond.

My wall posted shower that has hot water. Venetia doesn't even have hot water in her own personal bathroom. She boils her water in a kettle on the stove to bathe.

Here's where I brush my teeth and wash my hands.

The "Lu" (sp?) is my favorite part of my house. It doesn't have runnin' water. Ya see that pot and bucket over there? I fill the bucket everyday with water. Then when I use the toilet, I scoop a pot full of the water from the bucket and dump it into the toilet as a method of 'flushing.' It's quite fun actually. And saves a lot on the water bill. :)
I accept visitors Monday through Friday. Please stop by if you're in the neighborhood. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment