Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Wat Pra That Hariphunchai


The doors are always super cool.
The international average height of women is 5'4". I'm 5'8"something. [=
The translation of "wat" into English is temple. So I am trying to figure out what all of the other buildings on the grounds are. I will find out...and let ya'll know. But this is the major building where the Buddha statue was located at the Hariphunchai Wat. (Lamphun used to be called Hariphunchai, but the name of the town was changed.)
Really cool rooster.

This is the famous gold chedi (jedi) at the Hariphunchai Wat which I 'had' to see at night time because it is lit up just right. [The time I went out with a British playboy and was out until 3am...that'll never happen again. Never trust the "it'll only take ten minutes" lie. Never.]

Really cool dragon moldings on the roof. I still support the DeRidder Dragons. Thailand (and all of Asia as a matter-of-fact) is quite keen on dragons.
I was tryin' to get a good angle of the offerings on the ledge there...but people were worshippin' and I didn't want to be disrespectful.

No comments: