Monday, April 4, 2011

Slumber Party

A few weekends ago my two best friends and I got together and had a slumber party!!! Fun, fun. I know, especially at our age, right? Actually there isn't too much of a different between grown up girls' nights and junior high slumber parties.

Concluding Aeris's birthday party (she turned 3!)...Casey grilled bbq chicken for the party. So we ate REALLY well. Kourtenay and I made this sinfully delicious Tropical Lime No-Bake Cheesecake for dessert. You need to spoil and pamper yourself/each other at a girls' night. I'll be making this again. It was SO goooooood!


I really needed my Egg Slicer Plus for those kiwis and my Mango Wedger for those mangoes. My next cake will be much more ascetically pleasing. :)

We chit-chatted for awhile. Then we played several rounds of Just Dance 2. We watched 'Pretty Woman' until 2am. Actually, Casey and I stayed awake to watch the movie. Kourtenay crashed early. I'd never seen the movie. A little more risque than I would have liked. But Casey enjoyed it...according to Levi.

The next morning we watched another chick flick called 'Love Comes Softly,' which is a much better show. Then I busted out the sewing machine I got for Christmas from my Mom and Dad. Kourtenay is really crafty and knows how to do all that stuff. So she helped me set up the whole thing--and we started on my apron project!!! Fun, fun! I enjoyed it very much!
Kourtenay setting up the bobbing.


Casey eating bbq chicken for breakfast!

Ta-da! The sewing machine sews!

Me cutting out the fabric pieces!

Getting the 'flounce' situated.


Look at me! I'm sewing!!! Yeah!!!

The flounce I sewed! Hooray!

I bent my first needle. Boo!

Very sad about the bent needle.

Kourtenay installing a new needle...then she broke one, too. Actually it shattered into three or more pieces.

No comments: