Xave invited me to watch a volleyball tournament at UL on a Monday evening. I wanted rotisserie chicken, so after the tournament we drove around looking for chicken and couldn't find much of anything besides Popeye's. I remember ordering a 4-piece chicken strip meal with red beans and rice. He drove us to a quiet little spot on campus to have a moonlit picnic under the stars. We sat on this bench that circled a tree and both of us were worried that the birds in the tree were going to poop on us or our food. I was disappointed to find that I only had 3 chicken strips. Xave was willing to drive back to Popeye's to get me my other chicken strip, but we checked the recipe and the cashier had rang up a 3-piece instead of a 4. :( So I just ate what I had. The fried chicken didn't really satisfy my craving for rotisserie anyway.
After we finished eating, Xave kept insisting that we go on a walk. Of course, I would have enjoyed the walk--but I didn't want to put him out because I know how much he hates pointless, aimless walking. So I kept telling him no. He persisted and I finally gave in. We started out on our walk hand-in-hand and did not get 25 yards from our picnic bench when we have a conversation something like this (not direct quotes):
"I love you, Sondra!" -Xave
Me- "Are you sure?"
"Of course! Do you want to know how sure I am?" -Xave
Me- "Uh-huh..."
**At this point Xave gets down on both knees and pulls a box out of his pocket [he never opens the box...], he has one arm wrapped around my waist, hugging me and the other hand is holding the box.
"I love you so much that I want to spend the rest of eternity with you. Will you marry me?" -Xave
**Xave hands me the box.
Me- "I love you, too! Yes!"
**We proceed to hug and kiss each other for an extended period of time. I don't think that Xave ever opened the ring box. He just handed it to me. I made him get up off the ground. I put the ring on to see how it fit. He escorted me back to the car and we drove off--not even finishing our walk. haha!
<3 be="" eek="" gonna="" i="" mrs.="" p="" was="" wilson="" xavier="">
3>
(now I am)
Xave picked the ring out all on his own. He knew that I didn't like silver and that I did not want a huge diamond that I would eventually get my hair tangled in or gouge out my eyeball with.
3>
1 comment:
When Cupid's golden arrows pierce our hearts, we feel no pain. Yet when he pulls them out - it hurts badly. Congrats!
Post a Comment