Saturday, September 20, 2008

Буррито Гранде почти убил меня! (The Burrito Grande almost killed me!...Literally!)

My bestestest friend in the whole wide world came down from Washington this week! Yippee! I love Lessa! So she calls me up with a planned adventure. I can never say no to planned. Besides...the next time to see each other would probably be her wedding. I was meeting the future Mr. Lessa Farnsworth...aka Andrew. (He passed the screening, bytheway.)
Lessa wanted to go to Temple Square and watch the Joseph Smith movie. Off we go! It was so great to catch up with Lessa. I adore the fact that all of my buddies...though they are buddies in different spheres...can be buddies with one another, too! We walk around the North Visitors' Center for a minute before Lessa discovers that she's going to die of starvation. Marta and I are searching for Ira who's serving on Temple Square. She's from NovoQuibesheva in Samara. We didn't have any luck at the beginning.
So we are on our way to Benihana (it's a Japanese restaurant.) And on the way...and man stops us and asks if we are Mormon. Why, yes we are. He is an American citizen who found the missionaries in Switzerland (or some place)...and he came back here to get baptized. He left his house and BMW there! And he tried to give me the keys. I ALMOST RECEIVED A FREE BMW! He needs to find the mission president...tet, tet, tet...and he gives us the number of the Elders that were workin' with him. He wants us to call them to let them know he arrived safely. The man hadn't slept in two days. And he was all paniced and drama.
Well, we find Benihana...and right beside it is the Blue Iguana (a Mexican restaurant.) We make Lessa pick. She goes with Mexican. Andrew earlier had been tellin' us about this Burrito Grande that was the size of his forearm. If you eat it all...then you get a free dessert. Okay, I'm game.
We all order the Burrito Grande...except for Lessa. (She's a lightweight.) The whole night thereafter ensued with chaos. We sat there for over two hours trying to conquer that burrito the size of a small child. Andrew blew us out of the water and enjoyed his fried ice cream. I got 2/3rds through and decided not to go further. I wasn't feeling dyingly stuffed at the moment...but when I paused for a while...I knew I had made the correct choice. Marta...was SO stinkin' close! With one mouth-full and three more bites to go...she was going to be victorious! Her cheeks were puffed out filled with burrito-y goodness...and suddenly her swallowing mechanism failed! Yes, a tragedy! I was sorely disappointed. Not in her...but definitely in that swallowing mechanism.
We waddled halfway back to Temple Square when Marta realized she'd left her wallet. We looked like pregnant women. I could easily pass as two months along. Yeah, it was THAT serious. There was NOTHING I could do to hide it either. Oh the shame! We retrieved the wallet...and made it back to the Square. We found Ira...and then rested until 7:30pm until the next showing time began. The movie was incredible. Like it is everytime. (I recommend it.) And then we drove home.
Andrew tried to say that other people called dibs on their future basketball team. I corrected him and let him know that I called it WAY before he and Lessa met. Yeah...their kids will be ballas. Or at least tall enough to ball.

1 comment:

Lauren K said...

Dear Sondra,
I have just read a couple of your blog posts and love them and you and I'm very excited to know you have a blog. :)

I liked the story too!

love
lauren