Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Not-So-Weird Mormon Traditions

My "mom" (trainer from the mission--Rachel Hill) got married on the 11th of April 2009 in the Denver Temple. The weekend before General Conference, my "grandma" (Rachel's trainer--Emily Wheeler) threw her a Bridal Shower.

I was a little nervous about the Shower simply because I figured that it would be something similar to "Mormon Girls Gone Wild." But Emily kept it pretty low-key, which I appreciated. We started with a prayer. Then we had Rachel and her twin, Rebecca entertain us with some songs. (They are superb singers!)

After all the singin' and story tellin', Rachel opened her gifts. Then we ate super yummy sandwiches and chocolate strawberries (off of which I peeled the chocolate and donated it to Chelsea Wrathall).
I had fun. I missed my "mom!" We had great times serving together for six months in Russia. Casey is a lucky man. I hope they have a happy eternity together. I know there will never be a dull moment with Rachel! haha.



No comments: