We drove through southern Utah and Las Vegas on the way there and back. We ate at In 'N Out Burger...which never gets better regardless of how many times I've eaten there. I think the downfall is the lack of mayonnaise or barbeque sauce. That's why this is a western fast food joint. It will probably never be accepted in the south. :)
The first night I slept at the Sheraton in my own
All of the other Real Victory presenters were in sessions with other students. Most of the students from other colleges were graduate students. Most of the BYU students were the same age as those other students simply because most of us have served missions. But Celeste is a returned missionary, grad. student. Either way, my
co-presenter, David Cherrington, had to attend another conference and was unable to help me present our book chapter on behaviorism and its correlation to Real Victory.I wasn't too nervous until I walked into the session and realized that the other three presenters were old, Ph.D. holdin' professors and not humble, little undergraduates like me! Nevertheless, the presentation went smoothly. Steve Bahr loved the presentation. And some spectator wanted to learn more so that he could incorporate our ideas into a program he wants to start. That made me feel special.
All I really wanted to do was go to Sea World and swim with dolphins (cost: $170.00) and attend the temple which has a garden on the roof! But neither happened. Sad day! :(

Our drive home went significantly well. I had a great debate concerning contemporary social theory with Jeff (at professor at UVU), Bert (BYU), and Katie (BYU grad. student). We drove through Las Vegas again.
No comments:
Post a Comment