Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Sociology Shin-Digs

"THE OFFICE" includes: Michael, Justin, Kelli, and Sondra plus families and additional TAs. We've all been hangin' out for about a year now in Ralph's office at the JFSB on campus. We have a good ol' time all the time.

Our first official sociology shin-dig was at Michael's house a while back at the beginning of Winter semester, I think? We got together and ate dinner and watched "So I Married an Ax Murderer!" Michael made so pulled pork? Perhaps...I don't quite remember. But it was BBQ and it was good! Kelli and Curtis brought so kind of cherry, cream soda drinks (that they got carded to buy because the brand is also the maker of some kind of alcoholic beverage?). I brought homemade banana puddin'. It was a fun time. As usual, I fell asleep during some of the movie. But I'm improving because I didn't sleep through all of it. I think my favorite character is the dad: "Heed! Pants! Now!" It's just funny!

Our second shin-dig was at Michael's again. It was an "Ethnic Food" night. And boy, was it wonderful. I made jambalaya. Kelli made a wonderful dessert puddin', bread, whipped cream, yummy thing of which I can't recall the name. McKenna made a some kind of potato omelet thingy which was pretty tasty. And Allie made this wonderfully delicious "bourgeoisie salad." Christy, Michael's awesome wife, made biscuits, jell-o, and other tasty goodness that I can't remember right now.

After eating, we all just kinda vegged by the fire while children's literature was read and Aiden kept feeding me caramelized almonds. Yum!

Right in the midst of finals we had a BBQ! It was stinkin' good, too! I made Ranch Style Bean Salad. Kelli and Curtis brought ice cream sandwiches (FYI: The make vanilla bread ice cream sandwiches now. Who knew?) Justin did NOT bring his wife Anna, but he brought some crispy, "Kettle" chips which were pretty tasty. Christy made a katrillion pies...which were quite, pleasantly tasty. Michael made some kind of meat, vegetable goodness on the grill which we ate on French bread.
During the grillin', Chloe and Aiden gave me a tour of the property. We smelled all of the flowers, cracked and ate some walnuts, and discovered a bird's nest. Then we 'climbed' trees (I put the kids up in the tree). After our little adventures, we ate a yummy dinner. Then we enjoyed dessert by the fire, read books, and played Cooties!

Hopefully before I depart for Thailand...we will have another get-together! Woohoo!


No comments: