Thursday, August 6, 2009

Jern-Jern's Birthday!!!

My Thai sister, Jern-Jern, celebrated her twentieth birthday this summer. I am glad I got to spend it with her and celebrate her existence! She's a very smart, talented, funny, and beautiful girl.

Needless to say, we had a lot of food, fun, family, and friends to commence the occasion!
I think this looks like a regular birthday feast. Those "farangs" (green fruit on outside, white on inside) are Thai...and they aren't that yummy. I'm just so glad Khun Pa didn't serve the durian! However, that stuff stunk up our fridge for weeks! Gross!

Jern-Jern with her school buddies!

Ae said I could invite the other interns...and look how Alex acted. Yep.

Kimi brought Air and Nuke from Church and another girl that I don't know at all.

This is Jern-Jern's "brother" Third. He's super cool! I wish she would date him because he's that awesome of a guy! (No...they aren't biologically related either!)

Stanley always has that face. It's rather amusing...hahaha.

I think three of Jern-Jern's friends didn't like chocolate just like me! Everyone was really nice to me even though I don't really speak Thai very much. The little Thai I do speak just makes the natives laugh...hard...really hard.

Super Alex in his towel.

Nate had just come in from the rain. What's even more funny is that he jacked the roat luang driver six baht! haha. Good times.

Commentary here goes to the public:

Stanley plays so well.

Do you not officially turn the next age until you blow out the candles? Wouldn't that be nice...

She's 20!

Jern-Jern and Khun Pa.

My task was to sit and entertain Ae's friend/brother (not really her brother...but they worked together and had a brother/sister relationship...so she calls him brother). Either way, she wanted to hook us up. But with his limited English and my practically nonexistent Thai...we didn't go very far. Wish I could say my heart is broken...but, eh. *shrug shoulders*

That spaghetti was DANG good! My Thai mom is a GREAT cook!

Me and my birthday sister.

All the girls in our Thai family.

Traditional family photo!

Jern-Jern and Third! He's such an awesome kid!

P.S. I wanted to make Jern-Jern a pinata for her birthday. But I ran out of time. Anyhow, I tried to explain it to Ae...and she didn't understand anything I was saying! So hooray for pinatas!

No comments: